Tuesday, September 13, 2005

 

Hannah is teaching

Well, as Hannah is teaching her first lesson and I am on my own I thought I'd write a little something.

It is kinda surreal being here, right now, it is 8 in the morning, very hot and quite humid, there are rows of freshman students outside in full army uniform marching up and down the streets, I'm sitting inside with air conditioning on and the stone roses playing in the background (through some really rather phunky speakers I got for £10 - bargain).

I'm not teaching forat least another week, so I have time to prepare and get really nervous, I am sure Hannah will be fine though, she has done it all before and her lesson looked like a good one. We are still getting to know the main city, we have been there a few times, each time to a different place, it is regarded as a small city over here, with only 800,000 people, it is plenty large enough for me though. It seems pretty cool, there is some interesting old colonial architecture, possibly Portuguese, plus some amazing modern buildings, with all the gaps in between filled with old shacks selling loads of cheap stuff.

Well, I gotta go and prepare for some paperwork that needs doing. Laters.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?